Monday, October 10, 2016

Asking Giving Opinions – Agreeing and Disagreeing in English

asking giving opinions

Image Source

1. Giving Opinions:

  • As far as I’m concerned …
  • In my opinion … In my view …
  • From my point of view …
  • The way I see it is (that) …
  • To my mind …
  • Well, I reckon (that) …
  • I (strongly) believe (that) …
  • I (honestly) think (that) …
  • I (really) feel (that) …
  • Personally speaking, I believe …
  • As for me, I reckon …

2. Asking Opinions:

  • What do you think/reckon?
  • do you see what I’m getting at?
  • Do you know/see what I mean?
  • Do you agree with me?
  • Would you go along with that?
  • Would you agree with me that … ?
  • What are your thoughts on that?
  • Don’t you think (that) … ?

3. Agreeing:

  • I (totally) agree with you / that.
  • I couldn’t agree more.
  • I’d go along with that.
  • I feel the same.
  • You’re absolutely right.
  • Absolutely / Definitely / Exactly.
  • No doubt about it.
  • That’s a good point. / I see your point.
  • I see where you’re coming from.

4. Disagreeing:

  • I’m afraid I disagree.
  • I don’t agree with you / that.
  • I’d be inclined to disagree.
  • That’s not the way I see it.
  • I don’t think so. / I don’t feel the same.

5. Partly agreeing:

  • I see your point but …
  • I kind of agree with you / that.
  • I agree with you to an extent, however, …
  • You make a good point, but …

More for you:
Useful English Phrases For Running A Business Meeting
Essential Academic Writing Examples and Phrases!
19 Email Templates for Business Communication

The post Asking Giving Opinions – Agreeing and Disagreeing in English appeared first on MyEnglishTeacher.eu Blog.

from MyEnglishTeacher.eu Blog http://www.myenglishteacher.eu/blog/asking-giving-opinions-agreeing-disagreeing/


No comments:

Post a Comment